Thursday, October 19, 2006

The Acceptance Packet

Yesterday I got an email that said I needed to stop by the Study Abroad Office to pick up the acceptance packet from SMU.

So I did. And it's chock full of fun information.

Just take a look at this:
- a "Buaya" is a girl chaser. It is the Malay word for crocodile.
- if you photocopy something, you "zap" it.
- Singapore is 13 hours ahead of EST. For example, 8PM here is 9AM tomorrow there.
- be careful when hanging clothes out to dry: don't put them in direct sunlight because they will fade (Singapore is on the equator after all - lots of sunshine!).
- littering of any kind is subject to a S$1000 fine for first offenders, and up to S$2000 and a corrective work order for repeat offenders.
- as an extension of the law against littering, the import and sale of chewing gum is prohibited.


There is also a ton of information actually pertaining to the school and curricula, but I thought that stuff was more fun. I guess I won't be chewing any gum for while....

1 Comments:

At 10/19/2006 11:37 PM, Blogger Joy said...

That's amazing! I'm so excited for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home