Sunday, February 18, 2007

Chinese New Year : Part 3

GONG XI FA CAI!
Happy New Year!

Today, I went to my Malay professor's home for lunch; it was a small gathering, especially considering the mob that I attended last night ;). So, I think I've gotten to see more than one side of CNY celebrations. Anyways, more good food - it wouldn't be incorrect to say that I probably have put on some pounds (I mean, kgs). I'm stuffed! Also, I was told to bring a non-Singaporean friend so I invited one of the kids I went to Bali with (we're like, the only exchange students still in town, hah). He's from Pakistan (but now is a Canadian resident), so he's new to CNY too.

But yeah, I've learned all about the customs of CNY, and it really is fascinating - especially the ang pao, haha (the red packets with money in them).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home