Wednesday, February 07, 2007

First Big Assignment - Done!

Today my Technology & World Change group (this is the group of me and 4 boys) had our presentation on weapons technology. I think we did fairly well - the boys are perfectionists of sorts (welllll they are actually getting a grade for this, while I only have to pass), so we met at 10 AM (class was at 12) and practiced a couple of times, and tried to trim our 30-minute presentation down to the 20-minute time slot. I also learned today the reason why I don't generally practice presentations beforehand: I get more nervous practicing than during the real thing. I goofed several times during the run-throughs (talking to an empty room is just weird), but I think I was more collected and calm during the real thing. Hah, leave it to me to need an audience to do well.

Also, I wish I had had the guts to be cheesy because I really wanted to get a picture of the group. They decided last night that we should dress up, all black, and the boys in ties (the one planning this was thoughtful enough to ask me what dress clothes I brought before he started formulating a plan). But yeah, a picture would have been great, especially at the end of our practice session when they were all standing around tying their ties (and occasionally having to help each other) - it was cute, haha. Anyways, we looked sharp. The professor even commented.

Oh, and afterward, one of the guys was telling me that everyone actually paid attention during our presentation (I guess weapons technology is more interesting than genetically modified foods??) - particularly during my part, which he says is due to the American accent. I didn't know the way I speak is that fascinating.

Anyways, gotta pack for Bali!!!!!!! In 24 hours I will be in the land of massages that reportedly cost 40,000 - 60,000 Rp (which I think converts to about ~$5-7 US)!

4 Comments:

At 2/07/2007 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats! don't forget to take lots of pictures of PARADISE!

 
At 2/08/2007 12:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bring back some skillz!

 
At 2/08/2007 12:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i swear, i keep forgetting to add the name
-Bege

 
At 2/08/2007 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i take offense....i did many a great projects on genetically modified foods ...although i must highly recommend "future weapons" on discovery channel, its pretty sweet.

L-Diggy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home