Singapore beats Thailand, 2 to 1!

*Guess who* got to go to the first leg of the ASEAN Football Championship last night, and the last game to be played in Singapore's National Stadium? Hmm...oh, wait, that would be me!
One of the friends I made on the trekking trip to Malaysia had some extra tickets (and tickets are cheap too - only $7) and invited me to go with him, his girlfriend, and some of his friends. The stadium was pretty packed and the announcer said the crowd was 55,000 (so, almost the size of Carter-Finley). It was really cool because it was my first pro soccer (I mean, football) game ever, and I got to hear the Singapore national anthem (which is sung in Malay...and a lot of the cheers - and jeers - are Malay phrases). Oh, and of course it was even cooler because we won.
Also - I managed to catch BOTH of Singapore's goals on video with my camera, so I can relive the magic whenever I want ;)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home