Dear Mom and Dad: I am now an Asian chef!
I have been looking up recipes online because I have discovered udon noodles (in restaurants and in the grocery store). So tonight I braved the rain (it had been in a downpour for a full 24 hours, and has been raining for the last 3 days) because I couldn't stand being inside anymore, and went to the grocery store.Other than discovering, while cooking, that the pan was not communal, it was quite a successful event. (For the record, other things in the tiny kitchen are labeled "C3rd Floor, Female Wing" and this girl was storing her pan in the cabinet; she walked in, looked at me, went to the cabinet and looked in, then said "that is my pan." I couldn't tell if she was annoyed or not, because she kind of mumbled and her English was not very clear. I said sorry, and I did wash it out really well. But I didn't bother to tell her I fried eggs in this morning ;) Hah!)
In conclusion to this longer-than-intended post, it was very good and I made enough to have a ton of leftovers. It was really a success! Maybe I will cook it when I get back.

1 Comments:
so my first thought was "ooh, i ate grubs in entemology 201 too!"
Post a Comment
<< Home