Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Small Adventure with Durians Goes BIG

So, if you had not noticed in the previous post of pictures from Jessica's stay - I have FINALLY eaten durians.

Now, I should preface this with the fact that I have a tendency to eat anything and everything, and along with that comes the ability to kind of barrel straight through a dish and not think about whether I really like it or not. Granted, I can only think of a couple of things I have eaten here that I honestly did not like, but there are plenty of things that I have eaten that I found to be in the decent-but-I-don't-know-that-I-would-order-it-on-my-own category.

So, when my time came to FINALLY eat durians, I jumped right in and ate. I just couldn't decide if I liked it or not, because I wasn't sure if my eat-it-and-keep-a-straight-face mechanism was kicking or if I really liked it. So I increased my sample size during this event, hoping that would resolve the issue. Hours after the fact, I finally decided: I like durians.

And, I ate durian again 4 days later.

In conclusion, I have to say that it is quite a shame that I didn't get around to finally eating durians until week 11 of my stay in Singapore. So, unless any of you are finding durians in the grocery stores Stateside, I better eat up in my last 6 weeks. Also, for a reminder, go to Wikipedia to read about this *wonderful* fruit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home