Saturday, April 21, 2007

Back from Vietnam and ABR

I got back on Wednesday from Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and left again that evening for the April Bible Retreat with the SMU Christian Fellowship. Busy week!

First off, Vietnam was a lot of fun, and definitely educational. Granted, we only got to see Ho Chi Minh City and a few areas just outside the city of 5 million people, but it is nicer than Phnom Penh, Cambodia, and has really good shopping in the market. Haha, I almost didn't get all my stuff in my bag. And, of course, more importantly, the War Remnants Museum, the Reunification Palace (or the Independence Palace, depending on who you talk to), and the Cu Chi tunnels were really interesting and totally worthwhile to see. Definitely a piece of American history that we don't discuss too much, or go into detail with in history classes. On the Mekong River delta...

~-~-~-~-~-~
ABR was a lot of fun, and a good way to start bringing my semester to a close. I was able to spend 3 and a half days with all my friends from CF as well as study the Word with them, and really take it as a time to refocus. And, just so everyone knows - particularly folks from camp - ninja tag was a big hit and we must have played it for over an hour. I'm telling you, there are some things that are just universal. :)
Actually, this is only a part of the group that was there...

Ah, but things aren't slowing down for a while! Monday morning - EARLY - I leave for Thailand. I am going with two of the guys from CF and another girl to Chiang Mai and Bangkok. Can't wait!

1 Comments:

At 4/21/2007 4:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, as a student of American History, we don't talk about the Vietnam War b/c it was essentially a defeat. And in the American mindset, defeats are to be covered up and not learned from. sorry, i'll not rant. I can't wait to see you! so much to talk about and so much to move (again) out to staff housing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home