Sunday, April 01, 2007

MAKAN MAKAN - Food Hunt!

Yesterday, I was privileged to take part in an official Singapore food hunt (ok, ok, it was with some of my friends from the Christian Fellowship). We started at 10 AM and I finally got home around 10 PM. We went all around the island in order to eat the "best of" different dishes. The list of food includes, but is totally not limited to:

roti prata
braised pig trotters
chicken feet
some Hainanese dishes - mixed vegetables and a pork dish
spare ribs
rice rolls with prawn
rice rolls with char siew
mee rebus
bee hoon soto
char siew bao
lotus paste bao
red bean bao
avocado milkshake
rojak
stingray
snails
black carrot cake
gallons of sugarcane juice, haha
soursop juice
fried oyster omelet
durian!
rambutan
mangosteens

There are many more things, but I either can't remember the name of the dishes...or I just lost count after a while. I would say that the best discoveries of the day would be the avocado milkshakes and the bee hoon soto. And of course, I don't mind revisiting the usual favorites like carrot cake and char siew bao ;)

the group of food hunters

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home