3 Weeks Already?
Yesterday marked the beginning of week 4 of my stay in S'pore (yes, people really do abbreviate it that way). It is so hard to believe how fast 3 weeks have gone by!
So, I have tried to think of some pearls of wisdom that I have gained in this brief period:
- Eat first, ask later. You don't always want to know what you're eating until it's over. Otherwise you might not discover that tiny fried squids are yummy.
- Curry stains clothes. Especially white-khaki shorts.
- Halls makes more than cough drops. Since no gum is allowed, there are hundreds of varieties mints. I recently bought (and consumed) "Green Tea" flavored Halls. Next flavor: Citrus Lemongrass.
- Singaporeans are kiasu. This word has a meaning along the lines of being careful, being particular, not wanting to miss anything. For example: I combed through every exhibit of the museum so I could get my money's worth/so I wouldn't miss anything. I was being kiasu.
- Carry an umbrella. Always.
- Wash dishes immediately. 20 tiny ants might find their way to a butter knife that you thought you licked clean of strawberry preserves.
- Wikipedia has the answers. You think I'm kidding? This saved me from having to bring up a potentially embarrassing conversation.
;)

5 Comments:
i wish i learned as much at school
-Bege
i just want to know if/when you fall while using a squat toilet.
I hope they are cleaner and smell better than the ones along the highways in France.
I'll be honest, I haven't ventured to try out a squat toilet yet. So Megan, the moment I use one, you will be the first know. And, so far, it seems like they are pretty clean...well, at least in the places I've been. I'm sure there exist unclean facilities much like that gas station restroom you've used because you just couldn't hold it anymore during that long car ride... ;)
They're not that bad - except for the smelly ones, like Aunt Dale said. Just make sure you're facing the right way, or things won't work out like you'd planned :)
Post a Comment
<< Home